OBB Legend

FOOTBALL    BASEBALL     BASKETBALL     FORUMS

FREE: Student of the Game thoughts2022-09-05T13:53:33-04:00
  • Creator
    Topic
    Roman Marciante
    Up
    ::

So over 30 minutes of SOTG film was now completed and I thoroughly enjoyed the breakdown. Some overall thoughts after the dust settled.

TIGHT ENDS: You had a feeling that when you heard a lot of the rumblings in camp about wide receivers they would be featured. They were. They were everywhere. H-backs, X receivers, Slot, In line, they were everywhere. Arroyo Skinner, Brantley and Will all caught passes and I knew this group would stock up. They did in a big fashion.

THE START: Rough. I really want Ivey to click this year. Got sucked in for a big play that got around him on the 3rd and 25. Gave up another on a missed tackle. Bethune should have gotten a TD in the red zone but the QB missed the read. After watching that film I have a feeling opposing offensive coordinators will look his way. Hopefully he is ready. Come on kid.

LINEBACKERS: Hit and miss. Wasn’t as glaring in years past but wasn’t what I thought it would be. The Keontra lapse for the TD wasn’t good. Coaches talked to him on the side line. Sometimes you don’t know the call or who misses it but I have learned to look at the sideline when those plays bust. They definitely talked to the young man on that one. I still think Miami would benefit from some more speed at the position.

THEY WERE MORE SOUND ON DEFENSE: Manny would do some dumb shit. There I said it. There was a much more preserving mind. They didn’t just blitz and keep guys exposed. For the most part I felt the secondary looked really comfortable and had the numbers advantage more times than not. I liked the sim pressure that got home. Show blitz, get the OL to react, but then only get home with 4 people. This defense will not forsake getting TFL at all costs like Manny. Do not call it bend but don’t break. That isn’t it at all. But it isn’t reckless abandon either.

AHKEEM MESIDOR IS A BEAST: They moved him at end, moved him inside. They didn’t get the glaring sack totals as a team, but that wasn’t telling the whole story. Ahkeem was in on Gil’s pick six too and had a super heady play tipping the ball.

THE DEFENSIVE ROTATIONS ARE GOING TO BE HUGE: It is going to come as a surprise to some of the kids too. Al Blades at safety got snaps and that isn’t going to be a one time thing either. Defensive line was rotating bodies religiously. It will keep people fresh and Miami can come at you in waves. My only concern is these rotational kids better be ready when they come in. They need to pay attention to what’s going on. They don’t get the benefit of the building block player prior. I have to see how teams are setting up my teammate and got to find the counters. Some of the eye discipline concerns stem from there if you ask me.

TVD WAS A FERRARI ASKED TO GO 35 MPH AROUND THE TRACK. He had some elite NFL caliber throws. They let him rev his engines a bit. Eventually he will have to win you ball games. Teams are going to scramble and try to take this running game away. They have to. When they commit to take it away something has to give and Miami need’s TVD to be great. His throws of the game were the corner to X, the comeback to Frankie and the TD to Redding. He is so surgical down field. He really is.

TEAM WAS MORE DISCIPLINED: They didn’t take unnecessary shots. They reigned in when they needed to and didn’t go for unnecessary kill shots. The offensive line was night and day more disciplined too. Sure they were physical, but they looked like one cohesive mind and their footwork was MUCH more improved.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    • Karen Rhodes
      Participant

Legendary Account
      Up

Canes Insight is allowing folks to post your paid Student of the Game video. We paid for it and these guys are allowing it to be posted? Go get em.

• Roman Marciante

Legendary Account
        Up

There was a free one for the first half. The YouTube subs all had that access to that as well.

The second half one is for legendary members only. Moving foward there will be a mini free play version

Then you can only watch the full version through here

• Scoop
        Keymaster

Legendary Account
        Up

Hi, Can you give us some more details as to where you saw the video in their forums. I am unable to find it anywhere. I am also thinking it may have been the free version this week. Please let us know. Thanks!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top