FOOTBALL    BASEBALL     BASKETBALL     FORUMS

Welcome Canes Fans!2022-07-14T07:14:20-04:00
  • Creator
    Topic
    Toast
    Keymaster
    Up
    ::

Welcome to the Forums at The OBB Legend! This is a free place (you do have to register to post) for all Canes fans to discuss, bond and debate all things Miami Hurricanes. The only rules are:

1. No Spam / Advertising / Self-promotion in the forums
    2. Do not post copyright-infringing material
    3. Do not post “offensive” posts, links or images
    4. Do not cross post questions
    5. Remain respectful of other members at all times
    6. Moderators are backbone of any forum. We thank them for their time.

We have plenty of ideas for the forums, and you’ll definitely notice upgrades as we move forward. We’re glad you made the journey to check out the OBB Legend and hope you enjoy yourself and come back often!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
    • Stem
      Participant

Free Account
      Up

In! LFG!!

• VaCanesFan
      Participant

Legendary Account
      Up

You must click on the confirmation URL sent to before you gain full access to your membership.

What happens if I didn’t get the e-mail?

• CoCreekCane4
        Participant

Legendary Account
        Up

Check your spam/junk folder. That’s where my email went

• VaCanesFan
        Participant

Legendary Account
        Up

Thanks CoCreekCane4. I got the e-mail a few minutes after my post.

• Stat1124
      Participant

Free Account
      Up

Hey Toast you guys need to upload a favicon for WordPress so it doesnt have a wordpress logo in the tabs! ;)

• Mikel_HawaiiCane
      Participant

Free Account
      Up

12 Characters for a Password? You would think this is a bank account.
      Thanks for starting this. You guys are really getting bigtime.
      If anyone is in Hawaii, hit me up.
      Mikel.

• OBBPD91

Legendary Account
      Up

Welcome y’all!! Excited to see what this will look like during the season.

It's All About The U

• VaCanesFan
      Participant

Legendary Account
      Up

I was born at JMH too long ago but mostly grew up in Fort Lauderdale and then West Palm Beach area. The only Miami game I attended before turning 18 was an FAMU game because my Dad wanted to show us the FAMU band. I sort of got interested in Miami when Lou Saban took over because I thought, why shouldn’t Miami be a good team in this city. When Schnellenberger was hired and brought in Earl Morral to be QB coach I sensed a difference in the program. I started attending games, mostly spending 5 bucks to enter the EZ and move around after half time or using burger king coupons to go to games. Sounds crazy now but those were good times.

What Howard, Jimmy, Dennis and Butch did was recruit on an elite level at every position. They search far and wide for the best of the best. They kept the best players in the state as Canes but added huge gets from all over. Just look at the QBs from that era. Jim Kelly – PA. Bernie – Ohio. Vinnie – NY via VA. Erickson – WPB. Steve Walsh – MN. Ken Dorsey – CA. Mario doing same thing now.

I have seen the best of Miami football from 1983 through 2002. And in the last twenty years I have seen the worst of it as well. We have suffered through Shannon, Golden, Richt, and Diaz. You might say wow, he calling out Richt? Damn right. He didn’t recruit any offensive linemen and really left the cupboard bare.

I bleed orange and green. I watch every game I can even though I live in Virginia now. Two worst moments on my life, taking my family to watch Russell Wilson at NC State beat us in 2008 in Raleigh and taking a son to watch us lose to sorry Virginia in 2018. Best family moment for my family as Canes fans – watching the lateral play in 2015. That son who was with me in 2018 and I will be at the game in Virginia this year. In 2018 we sat on the 50 yard line on the Virginia sideline. This year we will be 45 yard line on the Miami sideline. Still will be mostly Virginia fans but we think this game will be a start to great things. The Mario era and I think great things are coming sooner than later.

• SDCaneFan
      Participant

Legendary Account
      Up

Great Job with the site. The pods have kept me company during the off season. Excited for this site.

Hope to see some of the State of the U alums show up

Calling 10-2 … I think A&M gets us but we take Clemson down … and throw in one game (probably after a bye) that bites us in the ass. But a 10-2 first year with Mario … Coach Cristobal … is a good start for the new staff.

• Shawn Michael
      Participant

Legendary Account
      Up

Just signed up for Legendary account status. LFG. Love the OBB. Go Canes!!!!!!

• MIAMini31
      Participant

Free Account
      Up

Lets Gooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Can’t wait for this season to start.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by MIAMini31.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top